You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Inaccurate location on Map

Hi there,

I have been facing a very peculiar issue with my Apple and Google Maps. When I am mobile the map displays my location correctly however when I am stationary the map displays an incorrect location. Why is this happening?

I am enclosing 2 screenshots with the correct location marked. One is of Apple Maps with the correct location marked in yellow another is of Google Maps with the correct location marked in black.

Please help me out.

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 4:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 4:33 AM

1. Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services and make sure that Location Services and Maps is set to While Using.
  2. Make sure that you set the date, time, and time zone correctly on your device. Go to Settings > General > Date & Time. If possible, use Set Automatically.
  3. Make sure that cellular data or Wi-Fi is turned on, and that you have an active connection.
  4. Restart the Maps app. Swipe up on the app and pause, then swipe up again on the app preview to close it. Then open Maps again.
  5. Restart your iPhoneiPad, or iPod touch.
  6. Try a different location or switch to a different Wi-Fi network. 

Location Services uses GPS, Bluetooth, crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspots, and cellular towers to determine your location.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 30, 2020 4:33 AM in response to Romit1772

1. Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services and make sure that Location Services and Maps is set to While Using.
  2. Make sure that you set the date, time, and time zone correctly on your device. Go to Settings > General > Date & Time. If possible, use Set Automatically.
  3. Make sure that cellular data or Wi-Fi is turned on, and that you have an active connection.
  4. Restart the Maps app. Swipe up on the app and pause, then swipe up again on the app preview to close it. Then open Maps again.
  5. Restart your iPhoneiPad, or iPod touch.
  6. Try a different location or switch to a different Wi-Fi network. 

Location Services uses GPS, Bluetooth, crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspots, and cellular towers to determine your location.

Inaccurate location on Map

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.