Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two Apple ID

Dear Support,

I own two Apple IDs. One is the main ID, the other is just for email address (both with @icloud.com).

I would like to use the second ID (email address) instead of the first one.

Is there a chance to replace the original ID name (@icloud.com), which I don't use at all, with the second one which is my main email address?

Thank you,

Regards,

V.

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 11:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 11:44 AM

You can't have the same email address associated with 2 Apple IDs at the same time.

You would need to change the email address used for the second Apple ID so that the iCloud address wasn't associated with an Apple ID. You would then need to wait 30 days to a year before you could use it with the first Apple ID. Apple hasn’t published any guidance for using an address again. Normally, if your e-mail address was associated with an ID in any way, for example as a Reachable at or Rescue e-mail address, then it can't be reused with another Apple ID for approximately one year. I have also seen posts that stated Apple told them there was a 30 day waiting period before the address could be used again.  You will need to get another e-mail address to use as your Apple ID or you can try waiting 30 days to see if that works.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2020 11:44 AM in response to v58

You can't have the same email address associated with 2 Apple IDs at the same time.

You would need to change the email address used for the second Apple ID so that the iCloud address wasn't associated with an Apple ID. You would then need to wait 30 days to a year before you could use it with the first Apple ID. Apple hasn’t published any guidance for using an address again. Normally, if your e-mail address was associated with an ID in any way, for example as a Reachable at or Rescue e-mail address, then it can't be reused with another Apple ID for approximately one year. I have also seen posts that stated Apple told them there was a 30 day waiting period before the address could be used again.  You will need to get another e-mail address to use as your Apple ID or you can try waiting 30 days to see if that works.

Two Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.