Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple CarPlay Black Screen - Toyota

I have a 2020 Toyota Corolla and have taken my car in several times now because I am getting a black screen in my CarPlay frequently. They tell me the radio is updated and they cannot duplicate the issue so I'm at a loss. I have no issues viewing my cars screen, it ONLY happens in the CarPlay screen. When my CarPlay screen goes black I can go into my regular car screen menu and that area isn't affected. The issue is only only in CarPlay screen. I either have to restart my radio by holding the power button or remove the apple charging wire to reset the CarPlay display. Can this be fixed with a setting or is this a CarPlay bug that needs to be fixed? Hope I made enough since explaining this.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 11:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2020 10:03 AM

Hello A_Wooten and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you are having an issue with CarPlay showing a black screen. 

Check out the troubleshooting steps in this article. There are specific ones for connecting with Bluetooth and connecting with USB. Be sure to work through the entire list.:

How to connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your car - Apple Support

Finally, make sure you are running the most current iOS version (13.3.1 at the time of this post).

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Cheers.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2020 10:03 AM in response to A_Wooten

Hello A_Wooten and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you are having an issue with CarPlay showing a black screen. 

Check out the troubleshooting steps in this article. There are specific ones for connecting with Bluetooth and connecting with USB. Be sure to work through the entire list.:

How to connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your car - Apple Support

Finally, make sure you are running the most current iOS version (13.3.1 at the time of this post).

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Cheers.

Apple CarPlay Black Screen - Toyota

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.