Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I stop "Sign on to ICloud" pop-up?

I want to use my old iPhone 4 strictly as an iPod, since I now have an iPhone 11. However, when I turned the old iPhone on, the following message keeps popping up and I can't get rid of it: "Sign on to iCloud - Enter the Apple ID password for [my account name]" If I enter my password the phone either ignores it or says it's wrong, and the pop-ups continue. I've put the phone on airplane mode, turned off cell data, turned off all the iCloud settings, and still the pop-up appears every 3 - 4 seconds. The old iPhone is unusable. How do I stop the pop-ups?

iPhone 4

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 5:01 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Feb 2, 2020 1:55 PM in response to jp1954

Hello jp1954

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you are getting a sign into iCloud message. I'm happy to help you find some information.

First, I would suggest resetting your Apple ID password. Here is a resource that can assist you:

Change your Apple ID password

Please note if you are using the same Apple ID on both phones. You will also need to sign in with the new password on the iPhone 11.

If you are still having issues after reviewing the link, please let me know.

Have a great day!

How can I stop "Sign on to ICloud" pop-up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.