Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

voicemail notification

I am wondering why there is no notification for "voicemail received" on the lock screen or anywhere else. I don't even get a chime to let me know. I do get notified of a missed call and then I have to click into the phone app and then see that there is a new voicemail, or many new voicemails waiting. Apparently there is an option to pay $5 / month for visual voicemail to have this simple feature.

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 6:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 7:02 PM

To get voicemail notifications, go into Settings, Notifications, scroll down to phone and choose the first option(Notification on screen lock) Tou can also customize sounds or vibration, under Setting, Sounds.

Visual Voicemail is enhanced feature that you would see in your voicemail section.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2020 7:02 PM in response to cliffycan

To get voicemail notifications, go into Settings, Notifications, scroll down to phone and choose the first option(Notification on screen lock) Tou can also customize sounds or vibration, under Setting, Sounds.

Visual Voicemail is enhanced feature that you would see in your voicemail section.

Jan 31, 2020 5:29 AM in response to sberman

I will be going into the Telus (my service provider) store to ask for help with this. If they can't help me I will go into an Apple store. I have had a cell phone/smart phones for 30 years , always had voicemail notifications loud and clear. This it my first iphone, and to pay extra for this is crazy. My wife says this is just how it is with iphone. If it is it needs to change, lol.

Jan 31, 2020 7:15 AM in response to cliffycan

I have issues with Visual Voicemail as well but notifications should work. If you are not getting any notifications and you have to dial in to get voicemail then its with your carrier. If the voicemail shows in the voicemail section then Apple. As for VVM, when I reset my phone it's usually a problem for me too. Going to both stores, is best. Carrier will reset voicemail from their end but VVM requires help from both.

voicemail notification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.