Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone xs drain battery in my sleeping hours

Why my iphone drain battery in my sleeping hours? I mean i close all apps before i going to sleep and turn off wifi and data and still when i go to sleep my iphone battery is 73% and then i woke up and it shows 65%. I mean what the **** is this? My battery health is 100% and i bought brand new iphone. Any suggestions please?

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 10:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2020 1:31 AM

Common issues causing battery to drain with the screen turned off...

-Your phone signal quality is bad/weak which uses more power to talk to the cell tower. Yes, your phone still does this with wifi and data turned off. To completely turn off communications, turn on Airplane Mode for one night - you can't make/get any calls but alarms, etc. still work.

-You have apps running in the background - ones that keep running regardless if you close the main app like FaceBook, Instagram, etc. Check this via Settings > General > Background App Refresh and turn it OFF for one night. Also turn ON Low Power Mode in Settings > Battery.

In either case, check what happens to the power levels in Settings > Battery under Last 24 Hours.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2020 1:31 AM in response to uzair208

Common issues causing battery to drain with the screen turned off...

-Your phone signal quality is bad/weak which uses more power to talk to the cell tower. Yes, your phone still does this with wifi and data turned off. To completely turn off communications, turn on Airplane Mode for one night - you can't make/get any calls but alarms, etc. still work.

-You have apps running in the background - ones that keep running regardless if you close the main app like FaceBook, Instagram, etc. Check this via Settings > General > Background App Refresh and turn it OFF for one night. Also turn ON Low Power Mode in Settings > Battery.

In either case, check what happens to the power levels in Settings > Battery under Last 24 Hours.

Iphone xs drain battery in my sleeping hours

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.