Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina docker NFS permission denied

A while ago JManGuyDude, posted the question: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250785631. I couldn't answer there, as that thread is considered dormant. So I'm reposting original question and adding my finding about it.

Any developers having issues running docker using NFS for local development? Seems with Catalina that macOS has moved all the user data to new volumes. I can't tell if it's this or the fact that we are now being told to use ZSH as our terminal shell but I get a very annoying
ERROR: for exporter  Cannot create container for service exporter: failed to mount local volume: mount ://Users/Bobby/Documents/firehydrant/laddertruck:/var/lib/docker/volumes/laddertruck_nfsmount/_data, data: addr=192.168.65.2,nolock,hard,nointr,nfsvers=3: permission denied

I found this post about fixing it, but it didn't work for me. Any other solutions? Also, APPLE, WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO US?!?!?! Devs are some of your most loyal customers, but it seems you are actively trying to push us away in the last few years.

Seriously considering Linux / Ubuntu for my next dev machine
MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15
Posted on Oct 25, 2019 8:21 AM

Posted on Jan 31, 2020 8:00 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Jan 31, 2020 8:37 AM in response to DicomJ23

The post mentioned by JManGuyDude as a fix was related to the specific topic of fixing permission problem introduced with Catalina to existing NFS-Docker setups, had been done by another precipices, like docker-machine-nfs or similar, prior permission issue. That post omitted such details and very likely JManGuyDude used just commands from it to setup NFS for docker on his machine.

Long story short: "/etc/nfs.conf" must contain at least the following options prior restarting 'nfsd', so the connection from docker container with source port number out of reserved range is allowed.

nfs.server.mount.require_resv_port = 0
nfs.server.require_resv_port=0

JManGuyDude, I do believe this post is already irrelevant for you, but I've just came across and overcome that issue, so maybe it still could be relevant for others.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.