Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email layout

In Catalina, how can I view my emails on the right hand side preview pane? Currently it is set to view at the bottom of my emails. Clicking view> Show Side Preview doesn’t help, it just removes the preview pane from the bottom.

any ideas?

MacBook

Posted on Jan 31, 2020 12:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2020 12:35 PM

Position your cursor on the rightmost edge of the Mail viewer window. When positioning your cursor over it, the normal selection cursor will change and bear a resemblance to this

<-|

Drag that.

Drag that cursor to the left. There will be no visual confirmation of that action until you drag it more than halfway to the opposite edge of the window, or full screen if you are not using windowed mode.

If you prefer to use Mail's "Classic layout" the vertical column splitter becomes a horizontal one: drag up instead of left and remember you have to drag it a lot.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2020 12:35 PM in response to JJK2308

Position your cursor on the rightmost edge of the Mail viewer window. When positioning your cursor over it, the normal selection cursor will change and bear a resemblance to this

<-|

Drag that.

Drag that cursor to the left. There will be no visual confirmation of that action until you drag it more than halfway to the opposite edge of the window, or full screen if you are not using windowed mode.

If you prefer to use Mail's "Classic layout" the vertical column splitter becomes a horizontal one: drag up instead of left and remember you have to drag it a lot.

Email layout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.