Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I rented a apple tv movie on my Macbook Pro, i now want to watch this movie thru Apple tv on my Sony Bravia TV, how can i do it?

I rented a apple tv movie on my Macbook Pro, i now want to watch this movie thru Apple tv on my Sony Bravia TV, how can i do it? Every time i say Play on Bravia connected Apple TV, nothing happens

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.12

Posted on Jan 31, 2020 7:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2020 3:18 AM

• You should be able to load the movie directly on the Apple TV, when signed-in there with the same Apple ID account, without a need for AirPlay. It should appear in the Movies app, or the Apple TV app on the Apple TV box. What is your model Apple TV?
  • If the rented title is loaded into iTunes, then you should be able to AirPlay from there, if your home network is set up correctly.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2020 3:18 AM in response to shree426

• You should be able to load the movie directly on the Apple TV, when signed-in there with the same Apple ID account, without a need for AirPlay. It should appear in the Movies app, or the Apple TV app on the Apple TV box. What is your model Apple TV?
  • If the rented title is loaded into iTunes, then you should be able to AirPlay from there, if your home network is set up correctly.

I rented a apple tv movie on my Macbook Pro, i now want to watch this movie thru Apple tv on my Sony Bravia TV, how can i do it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.