Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I retrieve my contacts?

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi, Cellular

Posted on Jan 31, 2020 10:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2020 9:35 AM

If you were syncing Contacts with iCloud, go to Settings/Your Name/iCloud, and sign in with the same Apple ID that was used to sync the contacts to iCloud. Turn Contacts syncing on and allow time for the contacts to sync. If the contacts aren't synced after 24 hours, go to iCloud.com/Account Settings using a computer browser, look under Advanced at the bottom left, and choose Restore Contacts.

If you weren't syncing Contacts with iCloud, do you have a backup you can restore from? Restoring from a backup erases all data currently on your device. Any data newer than when the backup was made will be erased. A restore is an all or nothing restore. You can't access a backup and only restore certain files.

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2020 9:35 AM in response to slambrecht1

If you were syncing Contacts with iCloud, go to Settings/Your Name/iCloud, and sign in with the same Apple ID that was used to sync the contacts to iCloud. Turn Contacts syncing on and allow time for the contacts to sync. If the contacts aren't synced after 24 hours, go to iCloud.com/Account Settings using a computer browser, look under Advanced at the bottom left, and choose Restore Contacts.

If you weren't syncing Contacts with iCloud, do you have a backup you can restore from? Restoring from a backup erases all data currently on your device. Any data newer than when the backup was made will be erased. A restore is an all or nothing restore. You can't access a backup and only restore certain files.

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.