Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing the goals for a specific workout activity

My outdoor walk goal is set to 3 hours and 55 minutes in the workout menu. Unrealistic and frustrating on most days. I can select open once with the 3 dots but thereafter the default reverts to 3:55. There must be a way to set the default back to open goal.

Apple Watch

Posted on Feb 1, 2020 2:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2020 3:05 AM

I read this on another thread;

What I did to fix it was start an "OPEN GOAL" outdoor walk, and walked vigorously for about 1/2 an hour and just hit end when I was done. It still had a time set in yellow when I was finished. But the next day the 20 minutes had disappeared and OPEN GOAL was back in green, so I am assuming that is how you fix it. It must reset to the last thing you did overnight.

As you say the 3 dot method doesn't reset back to open goal permanently,maybe this will work for you.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2020 3:05 AM in response to Warriorgoat

I read this on another thread;

What I did to fix it was start an "OPEN GOAL" outdoor walk, and walked vigorously for about 1/2 an hour and just hit end when I was done. It still had a time set in yellow when I was finished. But the next day the 20 minutes had disappeared and OPEN GOAL was back in green, so I am assuming that is how you fix it. It must reset to the last thing you did overnight.

As you say the 3 dot method doesn't reset back to open goal permanently,maybe this will work for you.

Changing the goals for a specific workout activity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.