Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where has iTunes gone?

I'm not good with computers. I had uploaded 100's of my owned Cds onto iMac iTunes. Then transferred many onto my iPod. However my iPod is old and not bluetooth compatible and so is not recognised in my new vehicle. So I can't play my music in my vehicle, from the iPod. Only the purchased Cds have appeared on my iPhone 6s, which will play.

I was going to attempt to transfer some of my stored Cds onto my phone but the iTunes icon is no longer on my iMac.

How can I now play my Cds in a vehicle that doesn't have a CD player only "CarPlay"? I'm seriously out of my depth here, I simply want to listen to the music that I own in my new vehicle.

Can anybody advise please?

Posted on Feb 1, 2020 7:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2020 9:35 AM

Go to the menu named Finder in the Finder menu bar, select Preferences, click Sidebar at the top of the Preferences window, in the Locations section, put a check mark in front of CDs, DVDs and iOS Devices.

Similar questions

3 replies

Feb 1, 2020 9:22 AM in response to FoxFifth

I appreciate your help, however I'm unable to achieve my goal. It says......

Sync or remove content using the Finder

1. Open a Finder window and connect your device to your computer using a USB cable. 
  2. Your device appears in the sidebar of the Finder window. Click the device to select it.

But, when I click onto the 'Finder' icon on my iMac my iPhone 6s that is connected to it via a USB cable doesn't show within the 'Finder"

Where has iTunes gone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.