Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring photos from iPhone to MacBook Air with out using iCloud

Hi, I have only had my MacBook Air for no longer than 2 weeks now and I've had constant problems with my iCloud and my photos. I want all my photos on iCloud to be downloaded onto my Mac with out using any iCloud storage on the Mac as mine is full right now on my phone. Is there anyway I can download photos from my iPhone to my Mac and be able to turn off my iCloud on the Mac without loosing everything on my phone and my Mac ?

or is there anyway I can wipe my laptop and restart ? then try download my photos with out iCloud being logged in ?

Really need help!!

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 1, 2020 8:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2020 6:29 PM

Attach the phone to the computer using the appropriate cord(s) and open the Photos application. You should be able to transfer them using Photos. If that doesn't work, try importing them using Image Capture.

You should be able to turn off iCloud on the computer. As a backup, I would archive your data before turning off iCloud. When turning off iCloud, if you are asked if you want to keep your data, choose yes. To avoid future prompts to log into iCloud, consider turning off syncing by unchecking the boxes. That leaves you signed in, but not syncing.

Archive or make copies of your iCloud data

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2020 6:29 PM in response to dionne37

Attach the phone to the computer using the appropriate cord(s) and open the Photos application. You should be able to transfer them using Photos. If that doesn't work, try importing them using Image Capture.

You should be able to turn off iCloud on the computer. As a backup, I would archive your data before turning off iCloud. When turning off iCloud, if you are asked if you want to keep your data, choose yes. To avoid future prompts to log into iCloud, consider turning off syncing by unchecking the boxes. That leaves you signed in, but not syncing.

Archive or make copies of your iCloud data

Transferring photos from iPhone to MacBook Air with out using iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.