Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV doesn't play downloaded videos

Is any body has a same problem? I can't watch movies on Apple TV , that was downloaded from iTunes Movies

Apple TV HD, tvOS 13

Posted on Feb 1, 2020 2:28 PM

3 replies

Feb 4, 2020 8:40 AM in response to alleroff

Yes, I just discovered this, this morning. ALL of my downloaded TV shows will not play on my Apple TV.

I deleted one episode and re-downloaded it ... that *did* play.

Apple must have updated their licensing data, forcing you to re-download everything.

Same issue with some movies, as well. I am moving back to streaming purchased TV shows, because Apple TV does a poor job of syncing watched vs. unwatched TV shows, which is why I was downloading in the first place.

[Edited by Moderator]

Feb 4, 2020 12:22 PM in response to Krutsch

The moderator changed the meaning of the above post:

Same issue with some movies, as well. I am moving back to streaming purchased TV shows, because Apple TV does a poor job of syncing watched vs. unwatched TV shows, which is why I was downloading in the first place.

Should read: ...but Apple TV does a poor job of syncing watched vs. unwatched TV shows, which is why I was downloading in the first place.

Apple TV doesn't play downloaded videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.