Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete exercise minutes from Activity app

Deleting a workout from the Health app doesn't take away exercise minutes from the Activity app. I manually added a workout on the Health app, but accidentally put in the wrong start and end times so it looked like my workout lasted almost 24 hours. I deleted the workout, but in the Activity app it still shows my exercise ring at well over a thousand minutes for that day. Needless to say, I'll never beat this goal. How do I actually delete the minutes? When I deleted the workout, I selected "Workout & data" so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 5

Posted on Feb 1, 2020 3:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 29, 2020 6:56 AM

Hi! After calling Apple Support via the app the rep helped me find where you do this, as I did the exact same thing by accident I deleted a workout (alone; as you can either delete the workout + data or workout alone).

Go to Apple Health app > Browse > Tap the tile for Exercise Minutes > Scroll to the bottom and select Show all data (note that there is also a Show all option, do don’t tap on that link) > then select the minutes you want to delete > then delete each minute one-by-one if you want to keep some to overlap a workout you made to replace the other workout or select Edit and either delete all or again delete certain ones. Be careful the minutes you first selected are for the entire day so edit them carefully.

My workout that I had recreated before editing the out minutes was still there , but I made sure that the minutes I kept from the Exercise minutes overlapped and deleted only the extra ones were I did no exercise.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 29, 2020 6:56 AM in response to Lauren C.

Hi! After calling Apple Support via the app the rep helped me find where you do this, as I did the exact same thing by accident I deleted a workout (alone; as you can either delete the workout + data or workout alone).

Go to Apple Health app > Browse > Tap the tile for Exercise Minutes > Scroll to the bottom and select Show all data (note that there is also a Show all option, do don’t tap on that link) > then select the minutes you want to delete > then delete each minute one-by-one if you want to keep some to overlap a workout you made to replace the other workout or select Edit and either delete all or again delete certain ones. Be careful the minutes you first selected are for the entire day so edit them carefully.

My workout that I had recreated before editing the out minutes was still there , but I made sure that the minutes I kept from the Exercise minutes overlapped and deleted only the extra ones were I did no exercise.

Delete exercise minutes from Activity app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.