Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notification still shows up, even though I updated to the latest iOS version today.

Why doesn't the notification clear for the latest iOS update?

Posted on Feb 1, 2020 6:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2020 11:48 PM

Notifications and Badges are processed and displayed via software. This is not a hardware issue. The badge count on your Settings App icon show the number 1 when it should not be showing anything.

Try the following-->> Try signing out of your Apple ID (open Settings, then tap on your Apple ID at the top (above Airplane Mode) then scroll down to the bottom and select "Sign Out". Now restart your iPhone and then sign back into your ID in the same Settings location. This should take care of it. Note that if you have cards in Apple Pay then they will be removed and you will have to add them again.

Axel F.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2020 11:48 PM in response to MimiSoula

Notifications and Badges are processed and displayed via software. This is not a hardware issue. The badge count on your Settings App icon show the number 1 when it should not be showing anything.

Try the following-->> Try signing out of your Apple ID (open Settings, then tap on your Apple ID at the top (above Airplane Mode) then scroll down to the bottom and select "Sign Out". Now restart your iPhone and then sign back into your ID in the same Settings location. This should take care of it. Note that if you have cards in Apple Pay then they will be removed and you will have to add them again.

Axel F.

Feb 1, 2020 9:14 PM in response to SravanKrA

I’ve got an iPhone 6s Plus and I updated the iOS earlier today to 13.3.1 (17D50) from the previous build.

My phone downloaded and installed the update and did the usual restart with the Apple logo and the bar.

Everything went like it usually does, however, I’m still seeing the number one (1) on the setting icon. It won’t go away. It indicates that I’ve got the latest software when I go to the general tab and look under software update, so I’m a little frustrated as to why it won’t go away.

Feb 1, 2020 10:04 PM in response to Axel Foley

I’ve done that a few times and it still hasn’t solved the problem.

My phone has been working really well up until now. I had to have the battery 🔋 changed on it October 23rd/19. I’m wondering if something may have been moved or pinched behind the Touch ID button when the battery was changed?

i can’t afford a new phone 📱 yet and it’s been a great phone up until recently with the Touch ID issue.

Notification still shows up, even though I updated to the latest iOS version today.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.