Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My playlists disappeared from my iPhone. How do I get them back?

I just updated my iPhone Xr to 13.3.1. I run a Windows 10 and have the most updated version of iTunes. When I connected my phone to back it up, the playlists I had on my phone disappeared. I've tried to see how to sync them in my iTunes by looking up the iPhone and the playlists appear, saying they are there. However when I look in my phone, they are still not there. Anyone able to help or have seen this issue before? Thanks in advance.

iPhone XR

Posted on Feb 1, 2020 6:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2020 7:17 PM

1. By default, iTunes syncs your device whenever you connect it to your computer. If you want to have iTunes ask you before syncing, do one of the following:
    • Require a prompt before syncing this device: Click Summary, then deselect “Open iTunes when this [device] is connected”.
    • Require a prompt before syncing all devices: Choose Edit > Preferences, click Devices, then select “Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically”.
  1. When you’re ready to sync, click Apply.

Tip: To automatically sync a connected device at any time, choose File > Devices > Sync [device name].

WARNING: If you delete an automatically synced item from your iTunes library, the deleted item is removed from your device the next time you sync.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2020 7:17 PM in response to Blkcloak

1. By default, iTunes syncs your device whenever you connect it to your computer. If you want to have iTunes ask you before syncing, do one of the following:
    • Require a prompt before syncing this device: Click Summary, then deselect “Open iTunes when this [device] is connected”.
    • Require a prompt before syncing all devices: Choose Edit > Preferences, click Devices, then select “Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically”.
  1. When you’re ready to sync, click Apply.

Tip: To automatically sync a connected device at any time, choose File > Devices > Sync [device name].

WARNING: If you delete an automatically synced item from your iTunes library, the deleted item is removed from your device the next time you sync.

My playlists disappeared from my iPhone. How do I get them back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.