Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore "incorrect" password

I am trying to restore my back up on my new iphone with the correct password, but my itunes keeps saying that the password is incorrect. Please help!!

Posted on Feb 1, 2020 7:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2020 7:20 PM

See the "If you can’t remember the password for your encrypted backup" section in:

About encrypted backups on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

I know that is not much help, but that is the way it is. If you think you know the iTunes backup password, keep trying with different variations (capitalization, etc.). You get an unlimited number of tries.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2020 7:20 PM in response to sloomba

See the "If you can’t remember the password for your encrypted backup" section in:

About encrypted backups on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

I know that is not much help, but that is the way it is. If you think you know the iTunes backup password, keep trying with different variations (capitalization, etc.). You get an unlimited number of tries.

Restore "incorrect" password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.