Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dial my iphone from my mac?

All I want to do is highlight a phone number on a web page and then somehow have my nearby iphone initiate the call. Not through the computer's speakerphone... but on the phone itself.

Is this possible?

iPhone 11

Posted on Feb 1, 2020 9:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2020 10:10 PM

It is not possible at the moment. There is one way to get close to what you are trying to accomplish and that is that you keep the webpage open on your Mac and pick that page up on your iPhone (Continuity) and then click on that phone number and the call is then initiated on your iPhone OR you can copy that phone number on your Mac (iCloud copy/paste) and paste it in your phone app on your iPhone and then dial the call.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2020 10:10 PM in response to Matthew Friedman

It is not possible at the moment. There is one way to get close to what you are trying to accomplish and that is that you keep the webpage open on your Mac and pick that page up on your iPhone (Continuity) and then click on that phone number and the call is then initiated on your iPhone OR you can copy that phone number on your Mac (iCloud copy/paste) and paste it in your phone app on your iPhone and then dial the call.

Axel F.

Dial my iphone from my mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.