Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

carplay

I have had issues since iOS 13 with Apple Maps & Google Maps in CarPlay. Once it starts acting up it will still be an issue without CarPlay. This is the iPhone 11 Pro Max. I have already had Apple replace the device due to these complaints. This typically happens while streaming music or receiving a phone call/text. Apple Maps will pause every few minutes then catch up making it easy to miss exits. Google Maps will just shut down while navigating. I have all the latest app updates for iOS and Maps. Pretty much makes navigation a nightmare.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 2, 2020 11:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2020 11:13 AM

May I suggest setting up your iPhone as new instead of restoring from a backup? You mentioned that you had the device replaced and still have the same issues so I am suggesting that you set it up as new and not import all the settings from a previously existing backup. This will help you determine whether it is the device or some other data or an app interfering with CarPlay. Yes, this means manually downloading all the apps and signing in each one of those that require it. Also means that you will be manually setting up each app and preferences. If none of the works then you can always reset it again and restore the iPhone from your backup which already existed. Yes, involves a lot of time and effort but if you are up for it then it is worth a shot.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2020 11:13 AM in response to Chazzdjr

May I suggest setting up your iPhone as new instead of restoring from a backup? You mentioned that you had the device replaced and still have the same issues so I am suggesting that you set it up as new and not import all the settings from a previously existing backup. This will help you determine whether it is the device or some other data or an app interfering with CarPlay. Yes, this means manually downloading all the apps and signing in each one of those that require it. Also means that you will be manually setting up each app and preferences. If none of the works then you can always reset it again and restore the iPhone from your backup which already existed. Yes, involves a lot of time and effort but if you are up for it then it is worth a shot.

Axel F.

carplay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.