Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail deleted Gmail emails?

I have a problem I am not sure I am going to be able to fix. I am missing all of my emails from Nov. 30th to January 7th. I think this is when I got a new Macbook Air and put Gmail on my Mail on the laptop, but I am not sure.

I have some really important work emails from December. 

Anyone know if there's a chance to retrieve these. There are not in my Gmail when I log onto my account in a traditional browser. Everything is gone in every folder, even trash. I am not sure why it started populating again on the 7th.

Any help appreciated. Thank you.

Posted on Feb 2, 2020 5:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2020 8:08 AM

I can't help with Google's products specifically, but here are some questions and comments that may lead to a solution.

• When you first configured your new Mac, did you choose to transfer contents from another Mac or its Time Machine backup (for example), or did you just provide your Apple ID credentials?
  • I understand you logged in to your Google account using its webmail interface and couldn't find your emails there, but did you check all its possible folders? Some email services create folders such as "archived messages" for example. Some never delete their Trash, or may delete previously read messages after a long period of time, so be sure to exhaust all those possibilities.
  • Provided your new Mac is still within Apple's 90 day complimentary telephone or chat support period, consider asking them. They'll be happy to help and may have additional suggestions. Contact Support and navigate through all the options until you find the one that leads to a one-on-one conversation.

Set up your new Mac

How to move your content to a new Mac

Merely setting up a new Mac should not cause email messages to be deleted. I realize that doesn't help.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2020 8:08 AM in response to RaeAnnC

I can't help with Google's products specifically, but here are some questions and comments that may lead to a solution.

• When you first configured your new Mac, did you choose to transfer contents from another Mac or its Time Machine backup (for example), or did you just provide your Apple ID credentials?
  • I understand you logged in to your Google account using its webmail interface and couldn't find your emails there, but did you check all its possible folders? Some email services create folders such as "archived messages" for example. Some never delete their Trash, or may delete previously read messages after a long period of time, so be sure to exhaust all those possibilities.
  • Provided your new Mac is still within Apple's 90 day complimentary telephone or chat support period, consider asking them. They'll be happy to help and may have additional suggestions. Contact Support and navigate through all the options until you find the one that leads to a one-on-one conversation.

Set up your new Mac

How to move your content to a new Mac

Merely setting up a new Mac should not cause email messages to be deleted. I realize that doesn't help.

Apple Mail deleted Gmail emails?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.