Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

screen shot during FaceTime

Would like step by step instructions on how

to take a picture of someone during face time using my MacBook Air

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Feb 3, 2020 7:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2020 4:28 PM

Hello, suesends.

I understand that you would like to know how to capture an image during a FaceTime call on your MacBook Air. I love capturing stills of my family when I’m away and connecting via FaceTime and am so happy to share how to do this with you.

Detailed instructions can be found in the Apple Support article, Take a Live Photo in FaceTime on Mac. The short version is to open FaceTime, then click Preferences (next to the  menu) and choose Settings. In Settings tick the “Allow Live Photos to be captured during Video calls” box. I should note that this allows your image to be captured by the person you are speaking to. It's a two-way street!

Once the feature is enabled, you should see the Live Photo button in the bottom right-hand corner. Click that button to take the photo. The photo is now available in the Photos app.

I hope this helps!

Best Regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2020 4:28 PM in response to suesends

Hello, suesends.

I understand that you would like to know how to capture an image during a FaceTime call on your MacBook Air. I love capturing stills of my family when I’m away and connecting via FaceTime and am so happy to share how to do this with you.

Detailed instructions can be found in the Apple Support article, Take a Live Photo in FaceTime on Mac. The short version is to open FaceTime, then click Preferences (next to the  menu) and choose Settings. In Settings tick the “Allow Live Photos to be captured during Video calls” box. I should note that this allows your image to be captured by the person you are speaking to. It's a two-way street!

Once the feature is enabled, you should see the Live Photo button in the bottom right-hand corner. Click that button to take the photo. The photo is now available in the Photos app.

I hope this helps!

Best Regards.

screen shot during FaceTime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.