Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud apps that can not be seen

if i open my icloud account on my computer i can not see my apps there.WHY NOT?

Posted on Feb 3, 2020 8:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2020 6:49 AM

franksebastiano wrote:

I don’t think you understand what I’m asking you.

I understand exactly what you're asking.

would like to see my apps that are supposed to be save by iCloud in my iCloud.

I don't know where you got this idea that your apps are saved in iCloud. They are NOT.

So what I’m asking you is if iCloud stores these apps how can I access to view them and utilize them in iCloud. For example if I want to see my WhatsApp and see a message that someone sent me how do I do that?

As noted, iCloud does NOT store the WhatsApp app in iCloud. Some apps sync data through iCloud. However, the only way to access that data is through the app that stored it. So, if WhatsApp syncs data through iCloud (and I have no idea if it does or not), the only way to see that data is to download WhatsApp to your device and log into it using the same log in that stored the data in iCloud.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2020 6:49 AM in response to franksebastiano

franksebastiano wrote:

I understand exactly what you're asking.

would like to see my apps that are supposed to be save by iCloud in my iCloud.

I don't know where you got this idea that your apps are saved in iCloud. They are NOT.

So what I’m asking you is if iCloud stores these apps how can I access to view them and utilize them in iCloud. For example if I want to see my WhatsApp and see a message that someone sent me how do I do that?

As noted, iCloud does NOT store the WhatsApp app in iCloud. Some apps sync data through iCloud. However, the only way to access that data is through the app that stored it. So, if WhatsApp syncs data through iCloud (and I have no idea if it does or not), the only way to see that data is to download WhatsApp to your device and log into it using the same log in that stored the data in iCloud.

Feb 3, 2020 11:38 AM in response to franksebastiano

franksebastiano wrote:

Yes my messages and what’s up and other that iCloud says it stores.
if I pay for iCloud to store this for me why can’t I access them in my iCloud to see?

iCloud syncs data between devices. If you have an app that stores data in iCloud, if you log into that app on another iCloud connected device, you'll see the same data. I do this with Day One Journal. But I can't access the data by logging into iCloud. I can only access it through Day One.

Feb 4, 2020 6:40 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

I would like to see my apps that are supposed to be save by iCloud in my iCloud.

icloud apps that can not be seen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.