Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail crash

Apple Mail crashes immediately or a few seconds after opening. How to fix the problem?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 3, 2020 11:51 AM

3 replies

Feb 6, 2020 7:09 AM in response to Kfromfin

Hello Kfromfin,

I understand Mail is crashing upon opening it on your Mac running macOS Catalina. I know how important it can be for that app to work properly. I have some steps I'd like to provide you to help.

Try each one of the following steps and test Mail after each one:

1. Power your Mac off and back on: How to turn your Mac on or off.
  2. Update macOS Catalina to the latest version available: How to update the software on your Mac. As of today, the latest version is 10.15.3.
  3. Hold down Shift on your keyboard while opening Mail.
  4. Reset NVRAM: Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac.

If the issue persists, test out Mail while booted into safe mode: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac. Restart your Mac like normal to exit safe mode. Test out Mail again when you're back in your normal user account. After that, test out Mail one more time while booted in a new user account. Respond back letting me know what the results were when you tested in safe mode and a new user if you continue to experience the same issue.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

Apple Mail crash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.