Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is this a problem with airport?

Recently, my internet connection has been very unstable. Although the airport signal is on and strong, internet would not connect (rather disconnect) all of a sudden. Then, when I turn off the airport and turn it back on, internet would connect fine. Then a little later same thing would repeat and I would need to turn off the airport and turn on again...

My MBP is over a year old, and I do have Applecare. I just wanted to check if anyone knew whether this is a fixable issue or hardware related issue that needs to be done by Apple.

Thanks.

17"-2.93G-4GB-320GB/17"-2.4G-4GB-500GB/iPhone 3Gs/Canon 5DMII/50D/Sony CX7/T700, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Jul 18, 2010 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2010 9:17 AM

Had the same issue with my 2009 MacBook Pro. For me the fix was to delete the Airport profile and recreate it. Not sure if you've tried that or if it will work, but it worked for me.
3 replies

Is this a problem with airport?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.