Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS MAPS LOCATION ISSUE

Greetings All

When I am using apple maps the Pointer moves from one place to another automatically even when the device is on a single location. In order to isolate the issue I used Google maps and Uber got the same error I tried restoring the device and set up without any data again got the same issue

Any suggestions !!

Posted on Feb 3, 2020 1:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2020 1:03 PM

Are you on Wi-Fi when this happens? Does it happen no matter where you are, or does the pointer only jump around when you're in a particular location, i.e. at home?

Location Services uses Wi-Fi to help pinpoint your location, however if the network you are on is not very good, this could be the cause of the issue.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2020 1:03 PM in response to Shujaatqazi

Are you on Wi-Fi when this happens? Does it happen no matter where you are, or does the pointer only jump around when you're in a particular location, i.e. at home?

Location Services uses Wi-Fi to help pinpoint your location, however if the network you are on is not very good, this could be the cause of the issue.

IOS MAPS LOCATION ISSUE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.