Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand Not Recording

How do I get GarageBand to record a track?

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 3, 2020 3:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2020 10:17 AM

Hello SebastienGFC,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that GarageBand isn't recording on your Mac. You've come to the right place! I'm happy to help.

First, please review the following resource for steps to help with recording audio and instrument tracks:

GarageBand Help

If the issue persists, tell us more about what you're trying to record and what happens when you do so. Please include specific error messages and any other troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a nice day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2020 10:17 AM in response to SebastienGFC

Hello SebastienGFC,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that GarageBand isn't recording on your Mac. You've come to the right place! I'm happy to help.

First, please review the following resource for steps to help with recording audio and instrument tracks:

GarageBand Help

If the issue persists, tell us more about what you're trying to record and what happens when you do so. Please include specific error messages and any other troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a nice day!

GarageBand Not Recording

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.