Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't create new Doc

I'm running a fully updated Pages App on a Mac. Every time I try to create a new document Pages kicks back an error message that the document "cannot be opened at this time" and that "Pages couldn't read the file." I'm having to resort to using Google Docs, which I hate.

Help?!

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 4, 2020 8:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2020 11:42 AM

This issue has been frequently reported since the introduction of macOS 10.15 (Catalina).

"Restart the computer" is reported to have been useful.

The step after that would be to restart into Safe Mode. Details here: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

Please use Provide Pages Feedback (in the Pages menu) to send a bug report to Apple.

Regards,

Barry

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2020 11:42 AM in response to bis_bis

This issue has been frequently reported since the introduction of macOS 10.15 (Catalina).

"Restart the computer" is reported to have been useful.

The step after that would be to restart into Safe Mode. Details here: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

Please use Provide Pages Feedback (in the Pages menu) to send a bug report to Apple.

Regards,

Barry

Can't create new Doc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.