Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrade iPod from IOS 9.3.5

I have an IPod that I am very much attached to. It has my life on it. My Bank has decided (without asking us) to upgrade their online system and the app which I had no longer works. The App cannot be upgraded as the high and mighty bank new system will not work with IOS 9.

Can I upgrade this iPod operating system to something better IOS 10 or higher and if yes, how do I do it.

Posted on Feb 4, 2020 12:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2020 1:18 PM

Hello,

If your iPod touch will not update past 9 then you have an iPod touch (5th generation). You cannot update your iPod touch any further. If you need to use software that requires a newer system software version then you will need to purchase a newer iPod touch model.

5 replies

Feb 4, 2020 5:20 PM in response to Ottawa_John

The iPod touch (7th generation) is available in 6 different colors. These colors are space gray, gold, silver, hot pink, blue, and red. The space gray color option has a black glass front and the other color options have a white glass front. All colors are the same price. The pricing goes by how much storage you want your iPod to have. 32 GB is $199. 128 GB is $299. 256 GB is $399.

Upgrade iPod from IOS 9.3.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.