Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 straight talk

I have a contract with AT&T and my 7 plus broke and want charge now. I bought a straight talk iPhone 6 Can I put my contract sim from at&t in the iPhone 6 from strAight y’all

iPhone 6

Posted on Feb 4, 2020 1:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2020 2:53 PM

Verizon uses sim cards for their LTE/4G service since LTE is GSM only.

But it makes no sense, if its unlocked why would it require a specific sim card? Unlocked means it can use a sim card from any carrier.

If you want to move your AT&T number to Straightalk and pay them now for service, then yes, you need to talk to Straigh Talk so they can port over your number to their service. If you simply want to use your AT&T number in the iphone, but continue to pay AT&T for the service, then you need to get the iPhone unlocked.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2020 2:53 PM in response to vaughn80

Verizon uses sim cards for their LTE/4G service since LTE is GSM only.

But it makes no sense, if its unlocked why would it require a specific sim card? Unlocked means it can use a sim card from any carrier.

If you want to move your AT&T number to Straightalk and pay them now for service, then yes, you need to talk to Straigh Talk so they can port over your number to their service. If you simply want to use your AT&T number in the iphone, but continue to pay AT&T for the service, then you need to get the iPhone unlocked.

Feb 4, 2020 2:13 PM in response to vaughn80

It means just what I said. The iPhone from Straight Talk is locked to them, and the SIM from AT&T will not work in it.

I'm a little confused. Who do you want your cellular service with, AT&T or Straight Talk? If you want Straight Talk, then you don't need the AT&T SIM, however you will have to talk to AT&T to get out of your contract. If you wish to use AT&T, then your SIM from AT&T is important, but you purchased a locked phone from Straight Talk, and I doubt they would unlock it at this time for you to use on AT&T.

iPhone 6 straight talk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.