Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

play itunes songs sequentially

why do my songs either keep repeating the same somg or else shuffle my songs. I want to hear the album songs in order . Iphone 6s

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 4, 2020 2:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2020 3:59 PM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, princesspoppy.

If I understand your post correctly, when you play songs on your iPhone they either shuffle or repeat. I’d like to help.

This guide will show you how to control the repeat and shuffle features on your iPhone:

Repeat and shuffle music

Let us know if that resolves this issue for you. 

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2020 3:59 PM in response to princesspoppy

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, princesspoppy.

If I understand your post correctly, when you play songs on your iPhone they either shuffle or repeat. I’d like to help.

This guide will show you how to control the repeat and shuffle features on your iPhone:

Repeat and shuffle music

Let us know if that resolves this issue for you. 

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Take care.

Feb 16, 2020 9:47 PM in response to amandal80

Dearest Amanda.: Asking Siri to turn off repeat worked!

The link you sent me had different screen choices than what are on my Iphone 6s Itunes. I do not have a repeat on/off option. Thank you so much for helping me. I like to fall asleep to my piano music album, and it was driving me nuts to hear the same song over and over or to pick each new song. Sweet dreams.....

play itunes songs sequentially

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.