Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why Apple TV won’t connect to internet

I reset my Apple TV to its factory settings and I cannot get it to connect to the internet. I looked at configuring it manually but there are more number to fill in then what my IP address lists. I’m so confused any suggestions?

Posted on Feb 5, 2020 1:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2020 3:26 PM

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Do you intend to connect over Wi-Fi or via ethernet? Can you try the other?

Get help with Wi-Fi networks on your Apple TV - Apple Support

You shouldn’t have to configure the network manually. Automatic would be preferable for almost all users.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2020 3:26 PM in response to Confused091

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Do you intend to connect over Wi-Fi or via ethernet? Can you try the other?

Get help with Wi-Fi networks on your Apple TV - Apple Support

You shouldn’t have to configure the network manually. Automatic would be preferable for almost all users.

Feb 6, 2020 10:59 AM in response to Confused091

Ethernet should be plug-and-play for regularly configured home networks. As soon as the router detects a new device, it will look if it needs to provide an IP address for it (DHCP) in the same subnet as the other local devices, and it will offer its DNS service.

If it doesn’t connect automatically, then try to restart the router, to see if the router picks up new devices after that.

Why Apple TV won’t connect to internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.