Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unknown Microphone Icon

rebooted my phone a few minutes ago. Went into Settings to clear cookies.. Saw a bright red icon with a standing white microphone and labeled Microphone in the Settings section. thought it was a new Apple app. Never downloaded anything like that. I moved too fast and had already swiped. Went to swipe back and it was gone. Checked my storage and notifications, nothing there. Rebooted didn't see it. Did a search in app store to see if I could find it. Came across an old app with the same icon. The app with the same icon I saw on my phone has a feedback of two and was last updated two years ago. the app is titled 'Voice Memos for Apple Watch' "high quality unlimited recording fir watch and iphone." Feedback also says similar name to Siri.

I know Apple changed there app store policy majorly, twice last year. This store app hasn't been updated in that time to meet the new rules.

This recorder, microphone for Watch and iphone, is not in my purchased apps. If it's not Apple stock, how did I get it and how to get this off my account or however way it was installed? Note I do recall something in my logs weeks ago regarding a bunch if audio stuff. I also have an iphone and watch.

Certain I saw the microphone

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 5, 2020 1:10 PM

3 replies

Feb 5, 2020 1:27 PM in response to Community User

Additionally, it appears the developer has two SEPERATE apps if the same, release same time. One has a square icon and one is a circular icon. The one I saw was square just like all the other icons in the settings section.

Feb 5, 2020 4:19 PM in response to Community User

Adding to the above info, the icon presented towards the middle of other Apple settings despite not being an Apple app.

It was NOT at the very bottom section where optional, purposely installed apps are.

Any ideas?

Unknown Microphone Icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.