Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Conference call with more than 3 participants?

I read that you can have a conference call with up to 5 participants on your iPhone. I have an iPhone 6 running iOS 12.4.5. I tried to have a conference call and followed the instructions. It worked with the first two callers (Tap "add call" then "merge call") but once I had the first two on the line, it would not give me a "Add call" option. I tried it again thinking I should add all three callers before I hit "merge call" but it wouldn't allow me to do that either. What am I doing wrong?

Posted on Feb 5, 2020 1:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2020 1:08 PM

Hi bluedesignfish,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I see you have a question about conference calls on your iPhone, and I'd like to do what I can to help out.

Conference calling is a feature provided by your cellular carrier. However, this article shows that a GSM carrier can offer up to 5 calls simultaneously: Call forwarding, call waiting, and other call features on iPhone

You'll want to contact your carrier about this.

There is also Group FaceTime, where you can FaceTime with multiple people. Use Group FaceTime on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch This article also shows which devices and iOS is required.

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2020 1:08 PM in response to bluedesignfish

Hi bluedesignfish,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I see you have a question about conference calls on your iPhone, and I'd like to do what I can to help out.

Conference calling is a feature provided by your cellular carrier. However, this article shows that a GSM carrier can offer up to 5 calls simultaneously: Call forwarding, call waiting, and other call features on iPhone

You'll want to contact your carrier about this.

There is also Group FaceTime, where you can FaceTime with multiple people. Use Group FaceTime on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch This article also shows which devices and iOS is required.

Take care!

Conference call with more than 3 participants?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.