Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I get in my iPad 6th gen. using a Windows computer to do the restore and update routine from iTunes ?

I locked myself out of my iPad 6th gen. and can't remember the password I had created for it with minor changes of an older password. I went on Apple Support and got the instructions how to factory reset the iPad . Unfortunately my computer is an older mac book air and I have not ANY SPACE TO restore AND update with i-Tunes like the instructions say. Can I use my daughter's windows laptop to unlock and restore my iPad ? Is there any program I could use to get iTunes with a windows operating system so I can finally use my iPad I gave myself for Christmas , and not feel like such an dimwit?

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Feb 5, 2020 2:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2020 2:09 PM

Hello,

Unfortunately you must now fully restore your iPad to factory settings. iTunes is available on Windows.

Please refer to the following Apple Support documents.

If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Get iTunes - Microsoft Store

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2020 2:09 PM in response to Cheshyre_67

Hello,

Unfortunately you must now fully restore your iPad to factory settings. iTunes is available on Windows.

Please refer to the following Apple Support documents.

If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Get iTunes - Microsoft Store

can I get in my iPad 6th gen. using a Windows computer to do the restore and update routine from iTunes ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.