Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS update for my iMac

What is the most recent operating system that my early 2009 iMac hardware will support? Currently I am running 10.10.5. Thanks in advance for all feedback.

Posted on Feb 5, 2020 5:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2020 9:04 PM

Hello,

To my knowledge 15G31 is the last version of El Capitan that Apple released. Updating to El Capitan, through the App Store, will not cost you any additional money. Follow the link I previously supplied and it will take you through the process of updating to macOS 10.11.

If you have any questions along the way then feel free to reach back out to us!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2020 9:04 PM in response to Ruppy59

Hello,

To my knowledge 15G31 is the last version of El Capitan that Apple released. Updating to El Capitan, through the App Store, will not cost you any additional money. Follow the link I previously supplied and it will take you through the process of updating to macOS 10.11.

If you have any questions along the way then feel free to reach back out to us!

Feb 5, 2020 8:53 PM in response to QuickPost

My question go's to if I can update at NO cost, or do I have to purchase from the App. Store. Also, I am under the impression that the final build number was (15A284). Does the specific build number you reference (15G31) include all security patches? I am wondering if that accounts for the difference in the two numbers? What version would include all updates? I know a lot of questions! That's what one who apparently is a novice does. I hope I'm not confusing the issue. Thanks again!

OS update for my iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.