Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini Help

Hello,

I recently inherited a Mac Mini from one of my friends (an older one that he doesn’t use anymore). Two problems, though:

Problem 1)

When I booted it up for the first time it showed the Apple logo, with the loading bar beneath it. I waited but the bar didn’t load, and after about a minute or so it just turns off. No matter how many times I try to get it to work, the same thing keeps happening

Problem 2)

I have an old wireless keyboard and Magic Mouse, but because of the loading screen issue it doesn’t give me the option to connect either one of these

I’m kinda lost right now. What can I do to fix this? Is the Mac even usable?

Posted on Feb 5, 2020 6:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2020 10:38 PM

Do you know which exact model this Mac mini is? Regardless, try steps 2-6 in the following user tip article to see if they can help:

You may need to acquire a wired keyboard/mouse combo while troubleshooting.

If you were successful with getting the mini to boot up to the Desktop, try step 8, and optionally, post the report if you need assistance with analyzing it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2020 10:38 PM in response to Miketred89

Do you know which exact model this Mac mini is? Regardless, try steps 2-6 in the following user tip article to see if they can help:

You may need to acquire a wired keyboard/mouse combo while troubleshooting.

If you were successful with getting the mini to boot up to the Desktop, try step 8, and optionally, post the report if you need assistance with analyzing it.

Mac Mini Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.