Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage issues

My phone storage is almost full all the time it says I have lots of media. What is media as all my pictures and videos are displayed seperate to the media

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 6, 2020 3:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2020 4:27 AM

The used content on your device is divided in these categories:

• Apps: Installed apps and their content, and content stored in "On My iPhone/iPad/iPod touch" directory in the Files app, and Safari downloads 
  • Photos: Photos and videos stored in the Photos app
  • Media: Music, videos, podcasts, ringtones, artwork, and Voice Memos
  • Mail: Emails and their attachments
  • Apple Books: Books and PDFs in the Books app
  • iCloud Drive: iCloud Drive content that has been downloaded locally to your device. This content can't be automatically deleted.
  • Other: Non-removable mobile assets, like Siri voices, fonts, dictionaries, non-removable logs and caches, Spotlight index, and system data, such as Keychain and CloudKit Database. Cached files can't be deleted by the system.
  • System: Space taken by the operating system. This can vary based on your device and model.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2020 4:27 AM in response to talie16

The used content on your device is divided in these categories:

• Apps: Installed apps and their content, and content stored in "On My iPhone/iPad/iPod touch" directory in the Files app, and Safari downloads 
  • Photos: Photos and videos stored in the Photos app
  • Media: Music, videos, podcasts, ringtones, artwork, and Voice Memos
  • Mail: Emails and their attachments
  • Apple Books: Books and PDFs in the Books app
  • iCloud Drive: iCloud Drive content that has been downloaded locally to your device. This content can't be automatically deleted.
  • Other: Non-removable mobile assets, like Siri voices, fonts, dictionaries, non-removable logs and caches, Spotlight index, and system data, such as Keychain and CloudKit Database. Cached files can't be deleted by the system.
  • System: Space taken by the operating system. This can vary based on your device and model.

Storage issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.