Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Migrating Thunderbird emails to Apple Mail

What is the least complex way to migrate Thunderbird emails to Apple Mail? The solutions that come in a web search involve migrating them on a Windows 10 computer, then "unpacking" on a Mac. I have a MacBook Air running Mojave. And would it be any different if I upgraded to Catalina? Thanks.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 6, 2020 10:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2020 1:00 PM

As I recall, Thunderbird can export mail to a file that Mail can import. I believe the common format is an mbox file. However, if you have set up an IMAP mail account then you shouldn't need to import the messages. IMAP accounts store the data on the mail servers. You can set up a Mail account that uses the same IMAP account information. Mail will then download all your messages.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2020 1:00 PM in response to Kelly Tuesday

As I recall, Thunderbird can export mail to a file that Mail can import. I believe the common format is an mbox file. However, if you have set up an IMAP mail account then you shouldn't need to import the messages. IMAP accounts store the data on the mail servers. You can set up a Mail account that uses the same IMAP account information. Mail will then download all your messages.

Migrating Thunderbird emails to Apple Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.