Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

disable code but not id

can I disable a device from not being able to receive a verification code while keeping it connected to my Apple ID?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 6, 2020 6:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2020 6:53 PM

No. See the following from Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

You can also remove a trusted device by selecting Remove from Account from the device list. Removing a trusted device will ensure that it can no longer display verification codes and that access to iCloud, and other Apple services on the device, is blocked until you sign in again with two-factor authentication. If you need to find or erase your device before you remove it from your trusted device list, you can use Find My iPhone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2020 6:53 PM in response to Community User

No. See the following from Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

You can also remove a trusted device by selecting Remove from Account from the device list. Removing a trusted device will ensure that it can no longer display verification codes and that access to iCloud, and other Apple services on the device, is blocked until you sign in again with two-factor authentication. If you need to find or erase your device before you remove it from your trusted device list, you can use Find My iPhone.

disable code but not id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.