Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone XSPro Stolen can it be Opened without my details?

Hi

I had this phone when it was stolen it literally disappeared from find my Iphone - Can one wipe it or crack it without using my login details?

Hannes Enslin

Posted on Feb 7, 2020 2:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2020 3:32 AM

In addition to the post above, check this:

If your device is lost or stolen

If you ever misplace your device—whether it’s lost or you think it might have been stolen—you should immediately use Mark As Lost in the Find My app.

When you Mark As Lost, this locks your screen with a passcode and lets you display a custom message with your phone number to help you get it back. You can also remotely erase your device if needed, and your custom message continues to display even after the device is erased.

While Activation Lock works in the background to make it more difficult for someone to use or sell your missing device, Lost Mode clearly indicates to anyone who finds your device that it still belongs to you and can’t be reactivated without your password.

To mark a device as lost, sign in to icloud.com/find. Or use the Find My app:

1. Open the Find My app.
  2. Tap the Devices tab, then choose a device from the list.
  3. Tap Activate under Mark As Lost and follow the instructions on the screen.

Learn more about what to do if your device is lost or stolen. If your iPhone is covered by AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss, the theft and loss coverage requires you to have Find My iPhone enabled on your device at the time it's lost or stolen.

copied from: Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

And the only way to do that would be:

Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2020 3:32 AM in response to johannes228

In addition to the post above, check this:

If your device is lost or stolen

If you ever misplace your device—whether it’s lost or you think it might have been stolen—you should immediately use Mark As Lost in the Find My app.

When you Mark As Lost, this locks your screen with a passcode and lets you display a custom message with your phone number to help you get it back. You can also remotely erase your device if needed, and your custom message continues to display even after the device is erased.

While Activation Lock works in the background to make it more difficult for someone to use or sell your missing device, Lost Mode clearly indicates to anyone who finds your device that it still belongs to you and can’t be reactivated without your password.

To mark a device as lost, sign in to icloud.com/find. Or use the Find My app:

1. Open the Find My app.
  2. Tap the Devices tab, then choose a device from the list.
  3. Tap Activate under Mark As Lost and follow the instructions on the screen.

Learn more about what to do if your device is lost or stolen. If your iPhone is covered by AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss, the theft and loss coverage requires you to have Find My iPhone enabled on your device at the time it's lost or stolen.

copied from: Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

And the only way to do that would be:

Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support

Feb 7, 2020 3:55 AM in response to johannes228

The iPhone XS Pro does not have a touchID home button, so no, that video has nothing to do with the stolen device mentioned in the topic of this thread.

And nothing about that video would result in a device disappearing from anyone’s trusted devices under their AppleID. The only way that can happen is if someone knows the AppleID needed to sign the device out of iCloud.

Iphone XSPro Stolen can it be Opened without my details?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.