You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Storage Upgrade

Hi,

Myself and my wife use iPhones with paid cloud storage individually. We both are about to exhaust our cloud space and I now intent to upgrade to 200GB plan to my Apple ID and use family sharing option for her to use the iCloud storage.

My query:

1. What happens to my wife's existing iCloud data and backups. Will all of that be transferred and included in my 200GB storage by default as well?
  2. Will all the iPhone backup's and other data remain independent as they do now?
  3. For accessing the iCloud through web, what Apple ID will have to be used to access my wife's data since the upgraded plan will be on my Apple ID?

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 7, 2020 2:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2020 6:02 AM

When you invite her to share iCloud, her iCloud subscription will be automatically canceled and her data will be in the shared storage including her device’s backups. You both use your own AppleIDs to access your own data - family sharing of iCloud storage still maintains total personal privacy based on each family members own AppleID.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 7, 2020 6:02 AM in response to vallabhhendre

When you invite her to share iCloud, her iCloud subscription will be automatically canceled and her data will be in the shared storage including her device’s backups. You both use your own AppleIDs to access your own data - family sharing of iCloud storage still maintains total personal privacy based on each family members own AppleID.

iCloud Storage Upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.