Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Virus on iPhone?!

I think I have a virus on my iPhone. How can I check it and clean it. Pleas help!

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 7, 2020 9:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2020 1:38 PM

There is no app to identify one on your iPhone because there are currently no viruses in the wild that can run on your iPhone assuming it is not jailbroken. You can use your favorite search engine if you want to confirm what I just said. The problem with putting a virus on an iPhone is by definition a virus has to be able to replicate to other apps/areas on the device. Since iOS is sandboxed, and has no available user file management system, there is no way for that to happen.

You might want to try restoring your iPhone from your backup and see if that helps.

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2020 1:38 PM in response to magy77

There is no app to identify one on your iPhone because there are currently no viruses in the wild that can run on your iPhone assuming it is not jailbroken. You can use your favorite search engine if you want to confirm what I just said. The problem with putting a virus on an iPhone is by definition a virus has to be able to replicate to other apps/areas on the device. Since iOS is sandboxed, and has no available user file management system, there is no way for that to happen.

You might want to try restoring your iPhone from your backup and see if that helps.

Feb 7, 2020 1:48 PM in response to deggie

Oh thank you very much that was so helpful. Thank you for taking your time to explain it to me. I have one more question. Why is my phone so slow when is low battery or why is it turning of when it’s a little bit colder and I can say you for sure in my country is it 0-17C so yeah I don’t understand this. Sorry for my English maybe it’s not everything grammatically correct.

Virus on iPhone?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.