You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot enable extensions in Safari

Safari Version 13.0.5 (15608.5.11)

I have installed two applications that have extensions for Safari...LastPass and BitDefender. Both apps are indicating that I need to enable the extension in Safari to get that functionality enabled in Safari. Problem is that I cannot enable them. When I open Safari>Preferences>Extensions my extensions show as installed, but when I click on them to enable them....nothing happens.

What I have tried....reading around, it seems that Key Chains have had affect on this so I reset all my keychains to default....restarted....did not fix issue

I have added the develop option to my menu bar, and checked to box to allow unsigned Extensions, but still that did not fix the issue.

Any ideas on what to try next?

Cheers,

AviatorDuck

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Feb 7, 2020 11:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2020 9:14 AM

I am going to close this thread. I appreciate all the responses. I did a restore of the system and still had issues. Easiest way forward is to just download and run a different browser.

Again, thanks for the assistance,

AviatorDuck

Similar questions

5 replies

Feb 7, 2020 12:15 PM in response to dominic23

Thank you for the reply. I have tried the stuff outlined in the support article. Where I have an issue is on the second set of steps....#3 where you are supposed to check or uncheck an installed extension in order to enable it. That is where Safari is not responding.

And from your response am I to understand that you believe that my Safari install is somehow corrupted and the only way to fix that is to re-install the OS?

Cannot enable extensions in Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.