Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my macbookair wont connect to my home wifi network but will connect to my iphone personal hotspot can anyone help

my macbookair wont connect to my home wifi network but will connect to my iphone personal hotspot can anyone help

Posted on Feb 7, 2020 1:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2020 1:45 PM

First, it's always worth turning your broadband router off and on again! Many of them are quite basic and a bit glitchy, and need a reboot from time to time. Afterwards, it may take two or three minutes to be ready again.

Can I also ask: when you click the Wi-Fi menu on your Mac, does your home network actually appear in the list, or is it missing? If it does appear, what happens when you click it: are you prompted for a password or not? And does an error message appear at any stage?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2020 1:45 PM in response to SSMURRAYART

First, it's always worth turning your broadband router off and on again! Many of them are quite basic and a bit glitchy, and need a reboot from time to time. Afterwards, it may take two or three minutes to be ready again.

Can I also ask: when you click the Wi-Fi menu on your Mac, does your home network actually appear in the list, or is it missing? If it does appear, what happens when you click it: are you prompted for a password or not? And does an error message appear at any stage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.