Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to log someone out of iCloud on my iPhone without their password

How to log someone out of iCloud on my iPhone without their password. I was trying to factory reset my iPhone on my daughters old computer and it put my ex boyfriends information on my phone and I can’t get him to give me password or remove my phone from his stuff I am afraid he is staking me again

Posted on Feb 7, 2020 1:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2020 3:35 PM

Sorry, a receipt from offerup will not carry any weight with Apple. It’s just another used device. They need to see that you were the original owner, the person who bought it new at retail from Apple or an Apple authorized seller.

There is no way for Apple to verify that any used device was legally and willingly let go by the device’s original owner, so they won’t help you.

At this point, only your ex could release that device from iCloud activation lock.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2020 3:35 PM in response to Mrumplik

Sorry, a receipt from offerup will not carry any weight with Apple. It’s just another used device. They need to see that you were the original owner, the person who bought it new at retail from Apple or an Apple authorized seller.

There is no way for Apple to verify that any used device was legally and willingly let go by the device’s original owner, so they won’t help you.

At this point, only your ex could release that device from iCloud activation lock.

How to log someone out of iCloud on my iPhone without their password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.