Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No WiFi networks listed in WiFi menu

The WiFi menu on my MacBook Pro has no networks listed. My other Mac, iPad and iPhone can all see 3 networks in my home.

I can't get those networks to appear on the MacBook Pro. I have tried:

• reset VRAM
  • reset SMC
  • removed preference files from /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration folder
  • reinstalled Mojave
  • no networks listed in WiFi menu when booted into macOS Recovery or Internet Recovery

Sounds like a hardwire issue? Any other things to try first?

Thanks

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Feb 7, 2020 3:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2020 2:06 PM

You can try Option-Click on the WiFi icon at the top right and select Open Wireless Diagnostics. Run it.

Use Wireless Diagnostics on your Mac - Apple Support

Another thing to look at is Apple Menu > About this Mac > System Report > Network > WiFi. What do you see?

If the WiFi icon is still active it may not be a hardware issue but we cannot be sure.

Just in case, check if the WiFi router is not configurer for MAC address filtering or something like that.

WD

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2020 2:06 PM in response to Simon S

You can try Option-Click on the WiFi icon at the top right and select Open Wireless Diagnostics. Run it.

Use Wireless Diagnostics on your Mac - Apple Support

Another thing to look at is Apple Menu > About this Mac > System Report > Network > WiFi. What do you see?

If the WiFi icon is still active it may not be a hardware issue but we cannot be sure.

Just in case, check if the WiFi router is not configurer for MAC address filtering or something like that.

WD

No WiFi networks listed in WiFi menu

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.