Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 11 Portrait mode worst ever

I have been using iPhone 8 plus for last years and it has been great. The portrait mode was doing a great job in good lighting conditions. Recently I upgraded to iPhone 11 and the Portrait mode has been pathetic. A big let down from Apple. Now please don't claim that iPhone 11 is not your premium phone so has an average Portrait mode. All your previous models with similar pricing has a better output than iPhone 11.

Below are few samples I took to compare and show where and how pathetically it fails. Disappointed. Let down.

iPhone 8plus on the left - iPhone 11on the right

I have tried with different light settings, portraits of people, pets, objects and every time I have been disappointed for upgrading from my iPhone 8 plus.

Apple please look into this and fix ASAP

Regards,

A disappointed user

iPhone

Posted on Feb 8, 2020 8:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2020 9:17 AM

First of all this is an users forum, Apple isn't here.

Second, Portrait Mode only works on human faces, not on objects. It's called "Portrait" Mode. You may not get the best results out of it when photographing objects.

Third, the iPhone 11 is a newer-generation iPhone and it has a better camera system.

Give Apple your feedback here: https://www.apple.com/feedback

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2020 9:17 AM in response to badgod03

First of all this is an users forum, Apple isn't here.

Second, Portrait Mode only works on human faces, not on objects. It's called "Portrait" Mode. You may not get the best results out of it when photographing objects.

Third, the iPhone 11 is a newer-generation iPhone and it has a better camera system.

Give Apple your feedback here: https://www.apple.com/feedback

Feb 8, 2020 9:25 AM in response to Elitegate

Thanks for your response.

As I have mentioned in my post, I took pictures of human faces as well and faced similar issues. I did not have an 8 plus equivalent image for comparison so did not include in my post.

I wanted people to be aware of the quality of pictures these new phones are putting out with the Portrait mode so posted them here. I have submitted the same post to Apple as well.

Thank you

Iphone 11 Portrait mode worst ever

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.