Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

videos won't download from iPhone 7

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 8, 2020 9:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2020 2:31 AM

Error comes from issues during file conversion step. On the phone, go to Settings > Photos, scroll down to the very bottom and change the setting from "Automatic" to "Keep originals". After this, try the transfer one more time.

4 replies

Feb 9, 2020 2:26 AM in response to SravanKrA

Hello...I'm trying to download 30 second or less videos I took on my iPhone 7 to my Dell Desktop computer. The automatic feature doesn't seem to work and when I go in manually, select the videos and try to copy them to a folder in my pictures/video files, I get one of the following messages. "A device attached to the system is not functioning" or "the device is unreachable." To trouble shoot, I've got a new USB cable from phone to device. I have turned off the computer, restarted and lastly turned off the modem and restarted. Nothing seems to work. I can get the photos transferred, but have only had success with a single 4 second video transfer. Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.