Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad not responding to touch

My iPad is frequently not responding to touch. I end up having to reposition it to get it to respond. It’s not very old either (iPad air). Anyone else have this issue? Do you think my screen is faulty?

iPad Air, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 8, 2020 11:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2020 11:33 PM

If your iPad Air is running iOS 13, you own an iPad Air 2.

Have you tried a simple hard reset of your iPad by holding down both the Home and sleep/wake buttons simultaneously until your iPad goes to black and restarts with Apple logo, then release the buttons?

You may have to a complete backup to iCloud or iTunes on a computer and erase your iPad Air 2 and then restore from thr backup you created.

Good Luck to You!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2020 11:33 PM in response to audhudson

If your iPad Air is running iOS 13, you own an iPad Air 2.

Have you tried a simple hard reset of your iPad by holding down both the Home and sleep/wake buttons simultaneously until your iPad goes to black and restarts with Apple logo, then release the buttons?

You may have to a complete backup to iCloud or iTunes on a computer and erase your iPad Air 2 and then restore from thr backup you created.

Good Luck to You!

iPad not responding to touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.